Course Title: Social Skills Training Workshop
Date: 20th March 2015
Venue: Maryborough Hotel & Spa
Duration: 9.30am to 4.30pm
Course Coordinator: Laura Crowley
This one day course is open to Parents, Teachers, Resource Teachers, Learning Support Teachers, Special Needs Assistants, Care Assistants and Students. The course will commence at 9.30am and finish at 4.30pm. This course will be presented by the Educational Support Staff of Shine Centre for Autism.
The course will cover a range of topics including:
- What are social skills?
- Why do we have to teach social skills?
- How do you assess current skill level?
- Pre-requisite skills for social skill advancement
- Barriers to social inclusion/advancement
- Breaking down and teaching skills
- Theory of mind and Caetextia
- Generalisation & Maintenance